Hot Topics from APCO 2018
Several DELTAWRX team members are attending the 2018 national APCO conference in Las Vegas, and this afternoon, you can attend our presentation From Mobile Clients to Mobile Apps: How the Rise of Smartphones and Tablets are Shaping Public Safety Communications in the Cutting Edge Developments Professional Development Track.
As we canvassed the Expo, attended presentations, facilitated working group sessions, and visited with former and current clients, we noticed five trends emerging to shape the market for public safety communications technology.
1. Cloud/SaaS Solutions – Application software vendors are increasingly deploying cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions on commercial cloud platforms, offering viable functionality, low up-front costs and faster deployment cycles, combined with the scalability, manageability and enhanced security features offered by commercial cloud computing providers.
2. FirstNet – The deployment of the first nationwide, high-speed, broadband network dedicated to public safety is at the forefront of discussions amid trends in public safety network convergence and the increased use of technology.
3. The Market – The application software market continues to shift as mergers and acquisitions shape the landscape of existing providers and new entrants showcase their solutions and seek to expand their market share.
4. Mobility – As first responders demand increasingly portable computing solutions, vendors have responded by providing applications that function on handheld devices, such as tablets and smartphones, and wearables, such as watches.
5. Cybersecurity – With the demand placed on public safety networks growing and threats becoming ever more sophisticated, the emphasis placed on cybersecurity has never been greater.
We hope you will be able to attend our session on changes in mobile technology to learn more about trends in this area. If not, keep an eye out for our team members and please say hello!
We are pleased to support APCO International and other leading industry groups and are confident that our consultants’ experience and leadership will allow us to contribute significantly to this conference and other endeavors. For questions about our presentation, or to discuss how your agency can leverage emerging mobile software, please contact us here.
#SpeakingEngagements #PublicSafety #FirstNet #CloudBasedSolutions #Mobile #Cybersecurity #EmergencyCommunications #Dispatch #CAD #LawEnforcement #FireEMS #Technology #APCO